Friday, November 2, 2007

How is NCS treated?

How is NCS treated?

NCS is primarily controlled through the use of medications like Toprol (a Beta Blocker), or Verapamil (a Calcium Channel Blocker).
Other medications used inclued:
Florinef, Norpace, Prozac, Zoloft, Midodrine, Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine, Theophylline, and Ritalin

Each person reacts to these medication differently and the correct combination is usually found through trial and error.

Drinking extra water to maintain hydration, eating extra salt, and frequently changing position also helps to prevent symptoms. Knee and thigh high compression hose and exercises that work the lower extremities also seem to help.

I had to try several combinations of drugs and experienced side effects from several. My doctor is still adjusting my medications. I have also found that compression stockings and frequent position changes work best for me. I have also started wearing MBT shoes that have a negative heel. These shoes force my leg muscles to work harder and force blood back up to my heart and brain.

No comments: